Crouch: Persuasive Letter Research
To research BOTH SIDES of the arguments surrounding the Dakota Access Pipeline and write a persuasive letter to government officials in which you take a position on whether or not construction should continue on the pipeline.
Global Issues in Context- See domestic and international viewpoints and new
Gale Databases- a broad range of articles by type. Be sure to check "books" or "newspapers" to right of search results.
NCWISEOWL: Links to several databases. For this assignment, select "Social Studies" then TOPICSearch for relevant searches.
- (CNN) Dakota Access Visual Guide
- (Time) What You Need to Know about the Controversy
- (Washington Post) Overview of the Dakota Access Pipeline
- The Pipeline's Official Side
- The Standing Rock Official Side
- (NYTimes) Standing Rock Front Lines
- (Popular Mechanics) Dakota Pipeline Protests Explained
- (The Hill) Both sides Appeal to Feds
Purdue Writing Lab -One stop shop for all MLA manuscript rules, works cited examples, and formatting guidelines.
EasyBib Please be sure to double check the automatic information. You will likely have to add some stuff, like the date, author (if known), and proper titles.
NoodleTools Follow instructions to use.